- Care and Maintenance Guidelines for Composite Deck & Railing
- 2015 IRC Requirements for Composite Decking and Guard Systems
- All About Composite Decking
- Considering Guards and Handrails: Simplifying the Not-so-Simple
Codes and Standards
CLMA has a Codes and Standards Committee that works on numerous industry issues. CLMA members have identified as top priority several national and state code and regulatory issues:
- International Code Council (ICC) Code Development: CLMA has submitted code proposals for the 2018 International Building Code to bring composite lumber decking and guard system requirements in alignment with revisions CLMA successfully submitted to the 2015 International Residential Code.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 5000 Code Development: CLMA has submitted code proposals to revise NFPA 5000-2017 to make this rarely-used building code consistent with IBC requirements.
- Standards Development: CLMA has enabled its members to collaborate on issues in the ASTM D20, D07, and E05 subcommittees regarding plastic, plastic composites, and wood. CLMA has supported revisions to ASTM D7032 to properly address the requirements for wood-plastic composite decking products.
- Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS): CLMA collaborates with IBHS staff on the testing of wood plastic composite deck boards to wildland fire exposure.
- Canada 2020 National Building Code: CLMA is exploring opportunities for engagement in the update of the 2020 National Building Code of Canada to include appropriate requirements for plastic composite deck boards and guard systems.